Today is my dad's birthday. Today is bittersweet.
Bitter because he's gone.
Sweet because I get to celebrate his life.
Bitter because I can't be with my family.
Sweet because He gave me precious friends here to make this day special.
Bitter because I miss him.
Sweet because I remember him.
Bitter because he was one of my best friends.
Sweet because... he was one of my best friends.
Bitter because I can't make memories with him anymore.
Sweet because I have so many dear memories of him.
Bitter because my heart hurts.
Sweet because this pain is a temporary one.
Bitter because I'll be apart from him for the rest of my life.
Sweet because I'll be with him for eternity.
Bitter because he's not with me.
Sweet because I know he's with Him.
"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens... So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." --2 Cor. 5:1, 6-8
Bittersweet.
Author: Abbey /
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you and your family so much. It's going to be so great to see your dad when we get to heaven and tell him just how blessed I've been by the wonderful legacy he left behind.
Oh Abbey, I've definitely got tears in my eyes. My heart hurts for you and I wish Thanksgiving would stinkin' hurry up and get here so I could wrap you up in a big hug. I love you so much, friend, and I love the way you live...yielded in His hands, trusting even through the hurt...I know Steve is so proud of his baby girl.
This girl also teared up from your words- but what a sweet way to commemorate your Daddy. Love you & praying for you always- that you call to mind and therefore have hope- that His mercies are new every morning! Thank you for the honor of walking with you through life- so grateful for your friendship.
All I have to say is...2 MORE WEEKS!!!
Post a Comment