Long time no... blog? Let's see, since my last blog, I've...
watched a bunch of people jump in a freezing cold lake to race to the cross. Crazy Orthodox tradition.
| The winner |
seen some more of this beautiful country! One weekend, we had two volunteers in town who will be bringing a team in July. They did an on-site visit to see where they'll be working. It was an amazing weekend! We went to Ohrid, where two very dear friends live, and then we met a Roma pastor in Bitola named Tefig. Meeting Tefig and his family was one of the biggest blessings I've ever had! They are such an amazing picture of what God can do in the Roma people. Tefig is hard-working and well educated, and he really has a heart for God and seeing the Roma in Bitola come to know Him.
| One of the many apple ladies on the road into Ohrid. |
| Ohridian friends! |
started playing Scrabble with both of my brothers on a Scrabble app. I am bad at Scrabble.
learned more Macedonian! Duh! :)
taught a few ESL classes at a Roma after-school program. Awesome opportunity. And I had a ton of fun!
taught a few ESL classes at a Roma after-school program. Awesome opportunity. And I had a ton of fun!
traveled to Middle Earth. Turns out it's right here in Skopje!
seen a little Albanian girl carrying a box of school supplies from Samaritan's Purse. So neat.
made homemade graham crackers that tasted like the real thing!
read up on Malta and Vienna. Because I leave Friday, and I'll be in Malta for a week and Vienna for a day. For my job. Love.
How's your life?
3 comments:
loving YOUR life. :) And you. And heck yes, you live in Middle Earth. Tell the hobbits hello for me, k?
Yay for Malta and Vienna- I can't believe it's already here!! That means...the time of the quartet reuniting is quickly approaching too!! Eeeeeeeeee!!! Take lots of pics, so we can all be jealous of you and your sight-seeing-ness. ;) We MUST skype when you get back from all of your adventures! LOVE YOU-so.much.
We LOVE you so much!!! :) Have fun in Malta, sister. Two of my sisters will have gone to Malta...not everyone can say that!
Post a Comment