Those two things

Author: Abbey /

Pretty much every time I see people I know, they ask me about the two main things going on right now--my dad and my visa. I love that people care so much. It does get pretty tiring answering the same questions all the time, though! So I'll be sure to be better about posting updates on the blog, so people can read them here instead of hearing an abbreviated version from me in person.

So, first off, my dad. Love him. :) He starts chemo this week. He'll get treatments every three weeks. He decided not to participate in the study at UT Medical because it doesn't start for another few weeks, and he wanted to go ahead and start getting treatments. I still really feel that we should pray for his healing! He's been feeling pretty sick lately, and he's in a lot of pain. He seems to feel the worst at night. Please also pray for his morale. (And the morale of the whole family, for that matter.)

Next, my visa. They received my third visa application in the mail today, and I'm told by the team in Macedonia that the Macedonian government is saying this one should definitely be approved. There was a miscommunication on the part of the consulate with my second application, which is why it was denied. I spoke with the consulate today, and they told me I would get my visa processing fee back for application #2, since it was their fault it was denied. I asked them how long it usually takes for the application to get processed. The woman I spoke with said my application should go through more quickly than most because they already have most of the paperwork in the system. So that was good news! She couldn't give me any sort of timeline as to how long it might take to process the visa, but I was encouraged.

Hey, thanks. Thanks for reading and praying and encouraging. It really means so much to my whole family!

2 comments:

Marian Frizzell said...

well, you mean so much to us. I love you, and I love your heart. And I love your family!

Kels said...

ABBEEEEEYYYY!
I just had to yell your name in text to express how much I love and miss you. Forgive my outbursts, but hey, you have that effect on me. ;)
Praying for you and your dad and your fam and your visa, and hoping you'll be geographically closer to me soon (and alphabet-wise, too!).
LOVE YOU!!!

Post a Comment