November 10

Author: Abbey /

The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. --Prov. 16:9 

I read this verse last night and *literally* laughed out loud. (And I don't use that word lightly!) Doesn't my life right now perfectly illustrates this verse? Today is November 10. I was supposed to leave for Macedonia exactly one month ago today. I never dreamed I would be at my parents' house a month later, still visa-less. I did everything I was supposed to do--I got my photos taken, I did the background check, I filled out all the paperwork and sent it all in months in advance... and yet, I'm still here.

People keep asking me how frustrated I am with the whole process, and I won't pretend there haven't been a few days that I just want to show up at the embassy and ask what in the world is taking so long, but I've been so blessed to have Him show me the joys in this time of waiting. He's been so gracious by providing me with plenty to do, so I'm never bored or restless. I've gotten to form new friendships and strengthen existing ones. I've had more time to prepare spiritually. I've been able to help my parents in ways I never could have from across the ocean. I've had lots of opportunities to serve and to allow Him to develop a servant's heart in me. And most of all, He uses verses like Prov. 16:9 to remind me that I can plan all I want, but He is the One guiding my steps. The whole visa situation is so bizarre, I know it didn't just happen; He's directing it.

And I'm so thankful He does direct my steps. Because if it were up to me, I'd be celebrating one month in Macedonia today. But that's obviously not where I'm supposed to be right now, because I would be there. How awesome it is to serve a perfectly wise and trustworthy God who leads me and doesn't let my plans get in the way. :)

1 comments:

Kels said...

*sigh* Your faith is amazing. Thank you, dear friend, for being such a beacon of trust and endurance and love and faithfulness. You are AWESOME! I'm so proud of you and so thankful to call you friend (and my little crumb!). Love you!!

Post a Comment