Birthday. :)

Author: Abbey /

August 12 was my first Macedonian birthday.


I love birthdays. Birthdays are the best. Especially when one of your favorite people is there to celebrate with you.


Grace came! I knew it would be a huge blessing, but it was even better than I thought it would be. My first birthday without my dad was tougher than I had anticipated. I was so thankful He provided a friend so I didn't spend it alone.

First, to kick off birthday week, some Roma friends (Naip and Suzana, I've mentioned them before) threw me a little birthday dinner.

Naip and Suzana

Yummmmm.
Later in the week, Grace and I spent a day with Ginna and Hannah in Ohrid.


Sveti Naum in Ohrid. See the peacock? They're everywhere there! How cool is that?

Yes, it really is that beautiful.

No one I'd rather be smooshed in a taxi with. :)

Hannah made me some coffee at their coffee shop there, "Ima Vreme."

Then some teammates threw me a birthday party/movie night. And then...
Jessica and Grace threw me a CLOUD PARTY! Did you know I love clouds? Because I do. :)


I was definitely crying here... Jessica got the red plate we use on our birthdays at the Hammond house, and she made one of my mom's recipes. Can you say SWEET?! 

Anna dressed as a cloud for my birthday. :)

Cloud cake!

Birthday magic.

I know, I know. I'm ridiculously blessed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a GINORMOUS blessing for me. So much so that it kind of felt like it was my birthday instead. ;) LOVE you.

Dena said...

What an amazing birthday!!! SO glad the Lord blessed you on your day! Love you!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had such an amazing birthday!!
I think you're really awesome and I love you!

Kels said...

hee :) My heart is happy over the way He loves you. :)

Post a Comment