heart...breaking...

Author: Abbey /

It's time.

For the real goodbyes. The ones with the long hugs and the tears and the realization that we won't be seeing each other for a while. After two months of saying mini-goodbyes just in case I don't see them again before I leave, I'm now saying the real goodbyes.

We had about 50 people come by the house last night to say goodbye. It was incredible to be around all the people that have influenced me so much--my youth pastor and his family, old church friends I've known since 3rd grade, adults that have seen me grow up... so many people that have poured their lives into me and shown me what being a Christ-follower really means. And then there were the college friends and friends from youth group... basically, my home was full with almost all of my favorite people! What a blessing. And I'm so thankful to my family for putting it all together. :)

I didn't know if I'd make it through church this morning. I was trying to absorb every word of my last church service in English, but there were so many thoughts going through my mind. How I'll be in a Macedonian church service next week, how I'm so thankful for such an authentic music minister and praise team, how I love Christmas music, how I relish being surrounded by my incredibly loving and supportive church family, how all the new babies will be two years old when I get back... and most of all, how thankful I am for how God brought me to Christ Community. The music minister even played one of my all-time favorite songs (Glory in the Highest) since he knew it was my last Sunday. :)

I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't be sleeping again until I'm on the plane. There's just toooo much to do! I leave at 6 AM Tuesday. Better get packing! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweet friend!! I love you and will continue to pray as you board the plane to Macedonia- remember when I called you 2 months ago when I was in the airport and just a wreck after saying goodbye to my family? Wish I could do the same for you. :) I'll see you on the other side of the pond!

Kels said...

Praying for you, beloved Abbey!!!! :) I can't wait to hear from you as Abigail in Macedonia. ;)I'm so excited for you, but I know that it's also hard. Lifting you up, dear one!!!

hannah said...

lifting you up, abbs! you're gonna love it!! see you soon!

Don, Jana, Natalie and Rachel said...

You are precious to the West family. We know God is going to do so many amazing things through your life. We love you so much and promise to pray for you often.

Post a Comment