Hello, friends! I realized it's been a while since I updated all of you. You're probably wondering why I'm not in Macedonia yet, since I was supposed to leave yesterday! There's been a bit of a hold-up. I've been waiting to receive my visa for about a month and a half, but I found out last Tuesday that I had to reapply for it. Sad! I mailed off the application on Friday, so the consulate should receive it tomorrow. I'm hoping that, since this is my second time to apply, they'll push it through more quickly, but we'll see. It's my hope that this won't take more than a month. In the meantime, I'm enjoying spending pretty much every waking moment with my dad! :) You know how some people can only take so much of their parents before they get tired of them? I'm not one of those people! I genuinely adore both of my parents and love spending time with them. So Dad and I are spending our days running errands and getting things done around the house.
This past weekend was so fun! Both my brothers and my sister-in-law came in town (originally, they were planning on being here this weekend to see me off), and we had a great time! Saturday, we celebrated Thanksgiving. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, homemade macaroni and cheese, chocolate bundt cake, and homemade cheesecake! Yum! Sunday, we all got to go to church together for the first time in a looooong time. And we went to my church, which meets in the building of the church we grew up attending. That was special. :)
Of course, I also have plenty of time to see my friends here around Memphis, and I've gotten more opportunities to speak at churches in the area. Just building my prayer network, you know. :) I've been so blessed by people I don't even know coming up to me and telling me they're praying for my family and me.
I'm really looking for ways to serve around here while I'm in this in-between phase. So if you're in the Memphis area and could use help with anything, let me know! I'd really be happy to help. While I'm here, I'd love your prayers for my visa application process to go quickly and smoothly this time. And please continue to pray for healing for my dad. He has an appointment at MD Anderson in Houston on October 22 for a second opinion and some additional treatment options. Thanks, everyone!
The In-Between
Author: Abbey /
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sad you don't have your visa! but...I'm glad your here for a little while longer! We definitely need to get together before you go! At least long enough for a hug!!!
I would agree that it's not possible to get tired of your parents! Tell them Suzahannasburger says hello! :) And I'm putting the 22 on my calendar- that's when we'll be at 40/40- CRAZY!! Love you!!
still praying. glad you guys got to celebrate thanksgiving today. it's a good way to go. :)
Oh Abbey, the way you delight in even the in-between times is inspiring. :) Keep it up, my friend - you're already on the path; it's just taken an unexpected turn, but that's part of the adventure! Love you and miiiiissss you!
Post a Comment